Save the date! On June 12 at 10 a.m. EST, email marketing strategist Meera Kothand will drop by the Shortcuts for Writers Facebook Group to discuss a different aspect of writing and editing that many authors have trouble with—how to write for your email list. Topics will include finding ideas to write about and how to craft engaging marketing copy for an email audience.
If you’re a published author, you probably have an email list, but may need inspiration for how you can best make use of it. If you’re an unpublished author, it’s never too soon to start collecting email addresses. Perhaps in the meantime, you can promote your blog, YouTube channel, or other authors in your genre. Since my Facebook group has a mix of beginners and established bestselling authors, rather than talk about expensive email platforms, we’re going to focus on simple techniques that you can use regardless of your mailing list platform.
As you may know, I recently launched the Shortcuts for Writers website and blog, and am working on finishing up my online course Book Editing Blueprint: A Step-By-Step Plan To Making Your Novels Publishable. I’m also working on creating a free line editing course, writing informative blog posts for writers, and shooting some YouTube videos. I didn’t want you to have to wait too long for great content, so when the opportunity arose to host Meera on my Facebook group, I was thrilled. After all, I have been following her for a while and find her books extremely helpful.
Meera’s latest release is 300 Email Marketing Tips: Critical Advice And Strategy To Turn Subscribers Into Buyers & Grow A Six-Figure Business With Email.
Buy It On Amazon
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
1. You sit down every week staring at that blinking cursor wondering what to send your email list, and then a week becomes two or more, and you can’t remember when the last time you emailed them was.
2. You have an opt-in incentive or lead magnet that’s pretty much doing nothing for you or your business.
3. You have a haphazardly thrown together email sequence that doesn’t bring you sales or engagement.
4. You silently cringe every month as you pay out your email service provider because you’re not using any of their features.
5. You’re pretty much winging it with email.
If you’re nodding yes, 300 Email Marketing Tips will give you more than a bare-bones framework to put in place an email marketing strategy for your business. Here’s what’s packed in this how-to guide:
- What branding has to do with email marketing and the #1 thing most solopreneurs ignore when it comes to their email list
- 7 things your welcome email must do (but probably doesn’t!)
- Why your lead magnet has to address THESE two critical points
- 3 ways to plan your email editorial calendar
- Answers to these questions and more:
– I have thirty thousand page views a month but get only 42 subscribers for an month. What am I doing wrong?
– My email sequence gets a lot of engagement and opens. Everyone says they love my stuff, but I still get no sales for my e-book. Why?
Join The Workshop
If learning more about email marketing is on your to-do list, or you want to make your email newsletters more engaging and relevant, then check out Meera’s book and be sure to join the Shortcuts for Writers Facebook group. Once you answer the screening questions, our moderators will approve your membership. Read the pinned post to learn more about the group. And then on June 12, be sure to check out Meera’s workshop. Be there at 10 a.m. EST if you want to catch her live. Bring your questions!
Meera is an email marketing strategist and 3X Amazon best-selling author of the books The One Hour Content Plan, But I’m not an Expert & Your First 100. She is also the publisher of MeeraKothand.Com, an award-winning site listed as one of the 100 Best Sites for Solopreneurs in 2017 and 2018, and the popular CREATE Planners. Using her unique Profitable Email System™ and ADDictive Business Framework, she makes powerful marketing strategies simple and relatable so that small business owners can build a tribe that’s addicted to their zone of genius.
Hi there! I’m Stacy Juba, an author, freelance editor, and the founder of Shortcuts for Writers. I’d love to connect. If you’re a writer, here are a few ways we can work together:
Enroll in my Book Blurbs Made Simple mini course for just $9
Sign up for my free, on-demand self-editing masterclass
Check out my courses and workshops
Visit my editing services page